Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Date With Alex….

 

Sooooooo……Alex in hearing about mine and Landons adventures insisted on HIS date to happen today! Originally he wanted to go to Waffle House for breakfast. Whew…..dodged that bullet and this morning he chose a Barnes and Noble lunch date “like we use to have mommy”. When I was a stay home mom this is where he and I went all the time. He would get a huge sandwich, massive cookie, and milk. Then eat the turkey out, drink his milk and eat half his cookie-always saving “more for later mommy”. Today was no different.  I LOVE that he loves this place. Did I mention that this is the same child that walked through the store at age 4.5 and said “Mommy I like the way they (the books) smell.” Ahhhhhh……yes he is so my child. There were no real “opening door” lessons or any of that sort. (Although he did try his best to muscle open the store door for me! :) More of just enjoying each others time.

This is his cookie----and a remake of what brother did with his cake. Big eyes and all. ;)

IMG_9462

Next we were off to the fountain to make wishes!

Wishing hard……..

IMG_9464

Kinda looks like a plant is growing out of him!

IMG_9471

After our wishes….he wanted to “go sit on the statues head”. Brother had sat BESIDE the statue….so in all fairness of constant competition between the two, he had to do something better. Sometimes Alex surprises me. And I must admit its pretty darn funny!

IMG_9476

Next on our trip….to go see and old buddy of his! Alex gets SO excited when I tell him where we are going…..partly because “brother didn't go so that means we are doing THREE things mom and you guys only did two.”  Competition. Never Stops.

RUNNING to the next stop.

IMG_9489

And here he is! Alex’s buddy! His name is Jalopy. He's a labradoodle. Jalopy’s mommy owns a boutique and let me tell you…..flippin BRILLIANT to have that dog in the store. I cant tell you how many times I was staying at home that I could begged into going to see this dog….and walked out with jewelry or clothes! He brings in more moms with kids! Its also funny how much Alex has grown because when he first met Jalopy they were eyeball to eyeball basically. And even as scared as he was then…he still fell in love with him. Heck we all love that dog. And I was in the mood for a little something new. He visits his friend. I walk out with new ring and earrings. Win win for everyone! So far our date is going GREAT! :)

alex date2

Another of our friend….cause he's so darn cute!

IMG_9495

Here's us together….Alex isn't thrilled about pics with mom….this is the best I could get. He picked out his “date” outfit…..with dads help. Always track pants that are too short (skinny waist long leg problems), a zombie shirt of course, and his neon shoes we just bought. Perfect! :)

IMG_9504

We said our good byes to Jalopy and Alex decided he had had enough “date time” and needed more “play time”, so it was time to go home. It made me miss my sweet long days with him. He’s growing up too fast. Maybe next time we will discuss car doors, and compliments. For now….I just love my cookie eating, doggie loving, sweet smiling “baby Alex”. Ill keep him this way as long as I can….he is the last one after all. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment